When male clients meet with LifeXMD experts, we recommend taking advantage of the Full Male Hormone Optimization Panel. This panel uses a blood sample to look at an individual’s hormone profile and evaluate the hormones associated with health and aging. In addition to measuring hormone levels, the panel helps discover potential imbalances that may be the root causes for issues you are experiencing. By utilizing the hormone optimization panel, the team at LifeXMD can start addressing specific problems and improving your health. Read on to learn more about what is included in the full male hormone optimization panel and how it benefits you.
In this article:
What Does This Panel Include?
Our comprehensive panels test for the following:
- Free and Total Testosterone: Testosterone is essential for maintaining male bone density, fat distribution, muscle strength, sex drive, mood, energy, sperm production, and more.
- SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin): While the testosterone test can determine how that hormone is being used, the SHBG test can determine how much of the male hormone you have available in your body.
- CBC (Complete Blood Count): This test evaluates three types of blood cells: red, white, and platelets. These markers provide information on your immune system, the possibility of an infection or blood disorders, nutritional deficiencies, your body’s ability to clot, and more.
- Thyroid/TSH: TSH is produced by the pituitary gland and stimulates your thyroid to produce hormones T3 and T4. TSH screenings can be used to find thyroid disease and other thyroid imbalances.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: A blood test with 14 different measurements, this is often used to evaluate liver function, kidney function, and nutrient levels.
- Lipids: This test evaluates cardiovascular health by analyzing cholesterol in the blood.
- DHEA-S (DHEA-Sulfate): measures the amount of DHEA sulfate in the blood to determine the health of the adrenal glands.
- Estradiol (E2): Estradiol is a form of estrogen that is also present in males. In men, this hormone is vital to heart, prostate, and even brain health along with libido. Men need this hormone in the right amount for overall bodily health. Too little and you lose its protective benefits, too much and you can experience unwanted symptoms. We aim to create the perfect body balance for your individual needs.
- PSA: PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) is produced by the cells of the prostate gland. PSA screenings help identify benign prostate hyperplasia and prostate cancer development.
- IGF-1: The Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 test is used to help diagnose growth hormone deficiency (GHD), or growth hormone excess. It also evaluates the pituitary function and monitors the effectiveness of GH treatment.
Why Should Men Check Their Hormones?
When people have too much or too few essential hormones, they can experience serious health complications, including cardiovascular disease, prostate disorders, or andropause or male menopause.
Men over 40 are more likely to have a hormone imbalance because certain hormone levels, particularly testosterone, start dropping in our late 20s. Men 65 and over are at a greater risk of health risks due to hormonal imbalance. For instance, a significant loss of testosterone can lead to loss of bone density and an increased risk of prostate cancer and heart disease.
If you are concerned about aging well, our hormone optimization panel can help you track essential health indicators before problems arise.
For All of Your Health and Wellness Needs, Contact LifeXMD Today
LifeXMD is a bioidentical hormone therapy provider that you can trust with all of your hormone, weight loss, supplemental, and aging needs! When you join our trusted family, you gain a support system that you can count on daily. We provide customers with vital medical advice, comprehensive treatment programs, and personalized and attentive customer service in our offices within the states of Florida, Michigan, and Arizona. We do, however, provide Telemed services nationwide which allow us to treat you from the comfort of your home and mail therapies directly to your door. No more embarrassing doctors appointments and pharmacy pickups. We’re significantly less expensive/costly than the brand name medicine due to our compounded medication availability through our FDA licensed pharmacies inside the USA.