Stress has become a bit of a new “norm” in today’s society to the point we barely realize the negative effect that stress has on our bodies. Being constantly stressed out and living on the edge of burnout due to your hectic life and overwork is almost glorified. Most of us are not taking enough action to minimize the adverse effects of stress that we always encounter every day. While your body can handle short periods of stress without any issues, chronic stress can take a toll on your health, especially your hormones. Too much stress might result in hormonal imbalances that lead to multiple negative symptoms. Read on to learn how stress affects your hormones.
In this article:
- How Stress Impacts Your Hormones
- Symptoms That Stress Could be Affecting Your Hormones
- How Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Can Help
How Stress Impacts Your Hormones
To understand the process, you have to understand what goes on during a body’s stress response. Your hypothalamus releases a Corticortopin Release Hormone if you deal with a stressful event. This signals a release of another hormone from your pituitary gland, which goes into your bloodstream to your adrenal glands and then triggers the stress hormone release – Cortisol. Too much of this happening can mess with the balance of hormones in your body, causing you to suffer from a few negative symptoms.
Symptoms That Stress Could be Affecting your Hormones
- Loss of libido or fertility: stress results in higher cortisol levels, which means other body systems might function minimally and suppress your reproductive hormones, which can cause low libido or sexual interest.
- Weight gain: hormonal imbalances caused by stress often results in weight gain. Cortisol makes the body think that it needs more carbs or fatty foods for energy, causing you to overeat.
- Mood swings or depression: chronic elevation of cortisol reduces the levels of important brain neurotransmissions like serotonin or dopamine, resulting in mood swings, anxiety, or depression.
How Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Can Help
Besides taking measures to reduce your stress, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help you correct hormone imbalances. While dietary and lifestyle changes can help hormones naturally, some might need more help. BHRT offers a safe, natural way to balance your hormones instead of other forms of hormone therapy. Different kinds of bioidentical hormones can be used depending on the type of individual hormone imbalance. For more information on this type of hormone treatment, give LifeXMD a call today!
For All of Your Bioidentical Hormone Needs, Contact LifeXMD Today
LifeXMD is a bioidentical hormonal therapy company that you can trust with all of your hormonal, weight loss, supplemental, and aging needs! When you join our trusted family, you gain a support system that you can count on daily. We provide customers with vital medical advice, comprehensive treatment programs, and personalized and attentive customer service in our offices within the states of Florida, Michigan, and Arizona. We do, however, provide Telemed services nationwide service which allow us to treat you from the comfort of your home and mail therapies directly to your door. No more embarrassing doctors appointments and pharmacy pickups. We’re significantly less expensive/costly than the brand name medicine due to our compounded medication availability through our FDA licensed pharmacies inside the USA.